Rental Terms and Conditions
Additional Fees & Credit Holds/Deposits:
- The card presented for the deposit and/or hold at rental pick-up is the card of record for your rental.
- Optional coverages, products, and/or equipment such as Where2 GPS Navigation are subject to additional taxes and fees that may not be reflected in the quoted total.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Rate quoted in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. Time begins at contract origination. Full daily charges renew every day at time of contract open. If a vehicle is returned 30 minutes after time of contract open, late fees apply. Any vehicle returned 90 minutes after time of contract open will incur full daily time and mileage charges.
- Products are charged on a daily (24-hour) basis. Complete daily charges renew every day at time of contract open. This includes fees, surcharges, optional coverages, products, and/or equipment.
- Quoted taxes and fees are subject to change which will affect your final total.
- For vehicles that require a credit or bank-issued check/debit card to secure the reservation, failure to cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before scheduled pick-up will result in a one-day charge.
- The U.S. Government imposes a $5.00/day Admin Rate Supplement (GARS) for U.S. Government rentals.
- If you selected Fuel Service Option, fuel price is not included in your reservation total. Actual price will be disclosed at time of rental before obligation of purchase. Price will vary as rates are based on but not necessarily equal to market rates at time of rental.
Total Estimated Charge Hold & Deposit Rules:
- At the time of rental, we will require a credit card hold of total estimated charges plus a deposit OR $200.00, whichever is greater. Some specialty vehicles may require a different hold amount; contact the location for the required amount.
- If a bank-issued check/debit card is used to secure the rental, we will require the card be charged equal to the total estimated charges plus a deposit OR $200.00, whichever is greater. Some premium, luxury, and specialty vehicles cannot be rented with a bank-issued check/debit card.
- If your vehicle is not returned on or before your due date, we will continue to obtain additional funds on the card presented at the time of rental. These funds may be charged and/or deposited at any time.
- Budget will not be held responsible for any service fees, insufficient funds fees, returned checks, or other costs or inconveniences which may result from charges to your account.
- Your bank may take up to two weeks to post a credit to your card.
- At time of pick-up, you may not use a prepaid debit card for the required deposit or hold. However, a prepaid debit card may be used for payment at time of vehicle return.
- Renters must be a minimum 21 years of age. However, drivers under 25 years of age cannot rent using a bank-issued check/debit card, are subject to an additional charge of $27.00/day, and may only rent specific vehicle classes: Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, Full-Size, Minivan, Intermediate SUV, or Standard SUV (please contact a reservation specialist for details). Renters under age 25 may not add additional drivers other than a legal spouse.
- Every customer must present a valid state issued driver’s license that includes photo identification.
- Military Extensions are honored as per the restrictions or limitations each issuing state allows.
- Foreign licenses (any license issued outside of the U.S.) are acceptable as long as it can be determined that the document presented is a valid driver’s license and must be accompanied by a valid passport. An International Driving Permit (IDP) issued in a country other than the U.S. will be accepted as an English translation of a foreign license. An IDP is not valid without the accompanying foreign license.
- We will not accept a photocopy, electronic copy, fax or ticket in lieu of physical license in hand.
- Every customer must present an accepted method of payment: major credit card or bank-issued check/debit card.
- Major Credit Card – We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. The card must be presented at the time of rental. It must have the renter’s name embossed and we must be able to obtain the full amount of authorization at time of rental.
- Bank-Issued Check/Debit Card – We do not accept any type of pre-paid or reloadable debit card at the time of rental. The card must be presented at the time of rental. It must have the renter’s name embossed and we must be able to charge the full deposit amount needed at the time of rental.
- For all bank-issued check/debit card customers, one of the following qualifying documents are required in addition to a driver’s license and bank-issued check/debit card embossed in the renter’s name:
- Georgia residents must bring a current copy (within the last 60 days) of renter’s contracted cellular phone bill, home telephone or utility bill, bank statement, mortgage statement, or paycheck stub, showing their local address and name. Qualifying documents cannot show a past due or negative account balance, negative account activity, or disconnect notice.
- If the customer is not a Georgia resident, an air travel confirmation indicating their return information (flight #/date/time) must be presented.
- For all bank-issued check/debit card customers, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is recommended as the primary source to cover damages to the Budget vehicle. However, a $1,000.00 damage deposit in cash (or charged to the bank-issued check/debit card) can be left instead. The renter will then be held responsible for any and all damages to the Budget vehicle regardless of fault. The damage deposit may be applied to the cost of any damages. If a current valid insurance card is presented in the renter’s name and full comprehensive and collision coverage transfers to cover the rental vehicle as confirmed by a Budget representative (by contacting a representative from the insurance company), the LDW may be declined and the $1,000.00 damage deposit waived.
- Bank-issued check/debit card customers must be 25 years of age or older, are excluded from renting some premium, luxury and specialty cars, and cannot have any additional drivers other than a legal spouse.
- On return, a customer may pay for their rental charges by major credit card, bank-issued check/debit card, pre-paid/reloadable debit card, or cash.
Other Important Information:
- Rentals are not allowed to travel into Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Canada or Mexico.
- When using some offer codes, the renter must provide association, corporate, or government credentials to prove eligibility for the special rate/benefit.
- Prohibited use of the rental vehicle will void optional coverage protections.
- Renters may be asked to sign a driving record addendum or be subject to a computerized Department of Motor Vehicles check. Based upon such search, Budget reserves the right to deny a rental opportunity.
- If you used a coupon for your reservation:
- Most savings are reflected in your quoted rate. If your rental meets all coupon terms, rate adjustment will be made when you pick up your car.
- Coupon code must be entered in the BCD field when booking the reservation and if applicable, coupon must be present and surrendered at time of rental.
- All offers are subject to blackout dates and availability at time of rental.
- For an upgrade, your reserved car will be upgraded at time of rental subject to car availability. This upgrade may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or deal.