Rental Terms and Conditions
Additional Fees & Credit Holds/Deposits:
- Optional coverage or equipment such as Where2 GPS Navigation are subject to additional taxes & fees that are not reflected in the quoted total.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Rate quoted is in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily (24 hour) basis. When a vehicle is returned 30 minutes after time of pick-up, hourly car rate charges and taxes may apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges and taxes may apply. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges so full-day late charges will apply for these items.
- For vehicles that require a credit card to secure the reservation, failure to cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before scheduled pick-up will result in a one day charge.
- The U.S. Government imposes a $5.00/day Admin Rate Supplement (GARS/GA) for U.S. Government rentals.
- If you selected Fuel Service Option, fuel price isn’t included in your reservation total, but prevailing market rate at the time of pick-up will be added when you return your car.
- Any vehicle returned to an unauthorized location will be subject to a drop fee of $0.75/mile driven.
Total Estimated Charge Hold Rules:
- At the time of rental, we’ll require a credit card hold of the total estimated charges plus a deposit or $200.00, whichever is greater.
- If you’re using a debit card at a location that accepts them, we’ll require a minimum authorization of the total estimated charges plus a deposit that will be determined by the renting location, or $200.00, whichever is greater. Call the location that you are renting from if you need a specific deposit amount.
- If you’re using cash at a location that accepts it, we’ll require a minimum deposit of the total estimated charges plus $200.00. For specifics on cash rentals, see below.
- If your car isn’t returned on or before your due date, we’ll make additional holds/charges (depending on how long you keep the car) on your card to cover expected rental charges.
- When you return the car, we’ll subtract the final amount of your rental, crediting back any unused portion, from the hold on your card.
- We are not responsible for any returned checks due to debit card holds or overdraft charges.
- Your bank may take up to two weeks to post a credit to your card.
- At time of pick-up, you may not use a debit card for Full-Size SUV, Premium SUV, Premium Sedan, Luxury Sedan, Full-Size Pickup, 15 or 12 Passenger Van, or Convertible rentals. However, a debit card may be used for payment at time of vehicle return.
- At time of pick-up, you may not use a prepaid debit for the required hold.
- If you choose to cancel this reservation, failure to do so at least 24 hours before scheduled pick-up may result in a one-day rental charge.
- Drivers must be a minimum 21 years of age however, drivers under 25 years of age are subject to an additional underage surcharge of $20.00/day.
- Every customer that comes in must comply with our conditions or standards before they rent a vehicle. The qualifications are:
- Must meet minimum age requirements
- Present a valid driver’s license
- Arrange an acceptable method of payment
- NOTE: All forms of required identification MUST include renter’s name and address
- Minimum Age – 21 years of age or older
- Renters 21-24 must present a valid, acceptable credit card (debit cards are not permitted) and a valid driver’s license (subject to screening of your driving record).
*At time of rental, an additional fee of $20.00/day underage surcharge will be applied for renters 21-24.
*Renters between the ages of 21-24 will not be permitted to rent Standard SUVs, Full-Size SUVs, Premium SUVs, Premium Sedans, Luxury Sedans, Full-Size Pickups, 15 or 12 Passenger Vans, or Convertibles.
- Age Exceptions
- Corporate Accounts – Drivers and additional drivers who are employees of the same company, on company business, and renting with their employer’s BCD corporate rates must be at least 21 years of age. Select corporate customers may be exempt from the underage fee. Check with your account representative to see if your company account is eligible.
- Government Renters Including Those in the U.S. Military – Budget Car and Truck Rental is proud to deliver unsurpassed rental car service to those who serve our country. For U.S. Government (military & civilian) personnel WITH or WITHOUT a government travel order or purchase order, minimum rental age is 21 years of age. No underage surcharge applies. “U.S. Government personnel” includes military as well as civilian employees (for example, FEMA, U.S. Postal Dept., Navy, Army, etc.). This does not include government contractors. The minimum age policy applies to both corporate and leisure rates.
- Valid driver’s license
- A customer must present an actual valid driver’s license (not a photocopy or fax).
- Military Extensions
- International Driving Permit – An International Driving Permit (IDP) acts as an official translation of a driver’s license. It is not valid in an individual’s country of residence and it must be accompanied by a valid driver’s license. Therefore, an International Driving Permit issued in the U.S. or accompanied by a U.S. state driver’s license is NOT valid for rental.
- Foreign License – A license issued by a country other than the United States is considered a foreign license. Foreign licenses are acceptable as long as it can be determined that the document presented is a valid driver’s license.
- Acceptable Methods of Payment
- Credit Card – We accept a variety of different credit cards. The card must be presented at the time of rental. It must have the renter’s name embossed, and we must be able to obtain the full amount of authorization at time of rental.
- Bank-Issued Check/Debit Card Restrictions -
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Prepaid debit cards will not be accepted.
- Debit card must be linked to a checking account.
- Cannot rent Premium SUVs, Premium Sedans, Luxury Sedans, Full-Size Pickups, 15 or 12 Passenger Vans, or Convertibles.
- Other vehicle restrictions may apply.
- No additional drivers other than spouse except on local moving truck rentals (16’)
- Card must be in renter’s name – NO EXCEPTIONS
- For customers renting at a non-airport location and/or customers that are renting from an airport but do not have a return airline ticket, certain requirements apply. Please call 404-530-3000 for location specific requirements.
- Local Direct Bill – Company must set up a direct bill account with the sales manager. Once the account is set up, authorized callers must call in advance to book a reservation. The personalized direct bill number will be placed in the reservation and transferred automatically to the rental. These companies enjoy the same benefits as national accounts such as free same company drivers, rentals to employees without credit cards, and in some cases negotiated rates.
- Cash – Cash is only accepted for car rentals if the customer is pre-qualified and has a reservation. To get pre-qualified, please call 402-348-0455. The pre-qualification process typically takes 1 to 2 business days.
- Renter must be 25 years of age.
- Cannot rent Standard SUVs, Full-Size SUVs, Premium SUVs, Premium Sedans, Luxury Sedans, Full-Size Truck, 15 or 12 Passenger Vans, or Convertibles.
- Cannot rent one-way on cash.
- Must be the only driver.
- Deposit is required at the time of rental based on rate, duration and vehicle type. The difference in the rental and the deposit will be refunded by cash or check issued within 5-7 business days after their return.
- A renter can pay cash upon return without qualification.
- Rentals are not allowed to travel into Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Canada and Mexico.
- Bank-issued check/debit cards are accepted for the deposit required at pick-up but with restrictions. A debit card may not be used for the required deposit when renting Premium SUVs, Premium Sedans, Luxury Sedans, Full-Size Pickups, 15 or 12 Passenger Vans, and Convertibles.
-Renters with a foreign license may only use a bank-issued check/debit card if authorization can be obtained and they provide a travel itinerary coinciding with the dates of rental return. If you plan on using a debit card for another vehicle type or for the required hold amount for your rental, before pick-up please call 404-3530-3000 during business hours (Monday-Friday 7am-6pm EST and Saturday 8am-4pm EST) for requirements.
- If you used a coupon for your reservation
- Savings are already reflected in your quoted rate. If your rental does not meet all coupon terms, rate adjustment will be made when you pick-up your car.
- Coupon code must be entered in the BCD field when booking the reservation and if applicable, coupon must be present and surrendered at time of rental.
- All offers are subject to blackout dates and availability at time of rental.
- For an upgrade, your reserved car will be upgraded at time of rental subject to car availability.